The home of the Campbell Family who first ran an academy at Buies Creek. The Buies Creek Academy began in 1887 and under the founder's direction-Reverend James Archibald Campbell- it grew and developed into what is now known as Campbell College. It continues to expand and grow under the jurisdiction of the State Baptist Convention.
The "Campbell Farmhouse" has had much publicity because of the numerous gables on the roof. Currently it is not in use except for storage. It is deteriorating due to lack of upkeep.
Many differences are evident in the building, perhaps due to the "add- on" that was done.