Skip to main content
site header image

Harnett County History: Bicentennial Project

Contents:

Ring Ear Sam Johnson's Inn - Johnsonville

The house was constructed in 1854 by “Ring Ear” Sam Johnson along the Fayetteville & Western Plank Road. The house served as an inn to accommodate travelers along the plank road. It currently serves as a private dwelling, and stands on the south side of NC 24/27 in Johnsonville Township.

[backside] Johnson's Inn

[backside] Johnson Inn / Cyprus Church? Stairs?

[backside] Johnson Inn / Cyprus Church? door

[backside] Johnson Inn / Cyprus Church?